Administrative Assistant – Health Safety and Wellness, Human Resources
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Human Resources
- Job Type
- Full Time Contract
- Closed Date
Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH) is a thriving community hospital that proudly provides acute care services including: Emergency, Surgery, Medicine, Women’s and Children’s Health, Intensive Care, Mental Health, and Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation.
Our vision is to provide exceptional healthcare by exceptional people. Our dedicated and skilled staff are passionate about providing outstanding patient-centred care, and an exceptional patient experience to residents of the Waterloo Region and beyond.
Join CMH as it leads in innovation and compassion! With a beautiful and caring community like no other, you are not just expanding our career; you are enhancing your life! To learn more about CMH, please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
This position reports to the Coordinator of Health Safety and Wellness. The Administrative Assistant is an extremely organized and detail oriented member of the Human Resources team in a fast paced, high volume department at the Hospital. The incumbent will work collaboratively with the Occupational Health Nurse, Health and Safety Specialist, and Disability Case Management. This role includes: reception, data input, new employee onboarding, clerical duties, participation in employee Wellness activities etc.
This position will be a temporary full-time contract for approximately four (4) months.
- Regularly updates files, Excel databases, Parklane systems and affiliate sites including Meditech, RL Solutions and other sites as needed
- Administration of Health Safety and Wellness correspondence (employment letters, courier packages), processing of invoices, and other requests as needed
- Report generation including, immunization compliance reports, attendance reports, and other reports as required
- Assists with staff and volunteer orientation sessions
- Updates policies, manuals and other training materials
- Book, and track preplacement Health assessments
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands of the role may include but are not limited to prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling. This position contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
Posted hours do not constitute a guarantee that shifts will not be subject to change.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, Office Administration and/or equivalent combination of education and recent relevant administration experience is required
- 2-3 years’ experience in a professional administrative role required, preferably in a unionized health care setting
- High level of initiative and self-direction, well-developed time management skills, and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Meditech, Parkl;ane and RL Solutions would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results and to find opportunities to continuously improve service
- High degree of organization, self-motivation and accountability
- Excellence in communication, customer service and interpersonal skills including presentation and development
- Multi-tasking strengths to respond to a variety of requests for information and assistance, correspondence, reports, creating and maintaining files, monitors supplies and aiding in the improving the work flow in the department
- Must handle concerns/issues confidentially and professionally
- Lives the values of Caring, Collaboration, Accountability, Innovation and Respect
- Regular attendance is required
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The successful external applicant is required to provide the applicable criminal record check, as requested by Human Resources, in accordance with federal and provincial legislation. Valid criminal record checks are in original format and dated with two months from date of conditional offer from CMH.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. All reasonable accommodation will be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.