Workforce Relations Specialist
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Human Resources Department at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
WORKFORCE RELATIONS SPECIALIST, FULL TIME
70.00 Hours bi-weekly – Non-Union
Human Resources forms part of the Corporate Strategy & Human Resources Division at Baycrest, providing expertise, guidance, and assistance through partnerships with Management and Employees who work with the clients of the Centre.
The Human Resources Department maintains an extensive suite of programs and services, which require ongoing strategic support and data generation to provide consultation to operational managers. These programs necessitate considerable, detail-oriented work in order to accomplish the department’s goals.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Supports and occasionally leads labour relations activities across the Baycrest’s campus, including investigation meetings, labour-management meetings, grievance meetings, and collective bargaining in collaboration with HR Business Partners, union leaders, employees, and the Manager, Labour & Employee Relations
- Analyzes data by conducting statistical analysis/preparing reports related to grievances, attendance management, accommodations, discipline, etc., and recommending opportunities for process improvements
- Actively supports the handling of grievances at all stages of the grievance and arbitration process, including providing expert consultation on grievance advancement and resolution
- Ensures unionized postings comply with respective Collective Agreements, accurately captures the role and responsibilities of the position and conveys the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Co-ordinates external advertising and promotion of employment opportunities within Baycrest through career fairs and other recruitment outreach
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with hiring managers in order to ensure a solid understanding of vacancy specifications and current and future recruitment needs.
- Maintains positive relationships with all levels of the organization, including union representatives.
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Canadian Human Resources Professional or Leader (‘CHRP’ or ‘CHRL’) designation would be an asset.
- Minimum of three (3) years of previous experience supporting the labour relations and recruitment functions, preferably in a multi-union, non-profit organization, particularly a complex health care facility (Hospital and/or Long-Term Care facility).
- Other relative Human Resources experience is desirable.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience would be considered.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of software and internet.
- Familiarity with Human Resources systems.
- Strong working knowledge of all applicable legislation, i.e. Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Pay Equity Act, Labour Relations Act, Hospital Labour Disputes Arbitration Act.
- Ability to interpret and apply provisions of the collective agreements
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, often competing priorities.
- Advanced critical thinking skills
- Strong presentation, facilitation and project management skills
- All Baycrest employees are responsible to abide by and adhere to Baycrest policies and procedures and in accordance with legislated practices.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning sensitive issues in a professional manner
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: October 10, 2019
Posting # 19-0428
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type