- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Long Term Care Home - Apotex has an opportunity for a
UNIT CLERK, CASUAL
Days Shifts , On-call as needed
The Apotex Centre, Jewish Home for the Aged is a 472-bed, long-term care facility which provides a range of residential and specialized programs. The small, home-like settings on each floor provide flexible schedules for programs, meals and personal care, based on each resident’s needs and preferences. Care is provided within the context of orthodox Jewish traditions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Staff scheduling within a computerized scheduling environment
- Provides clerical support to the registered staff, residential areas/communities and Unit Directors
- Prepares, posts and maintains staffing schedules and attendance records
- Collects and distributes the mail
- Schedules resident’s care conferences and appointments, including transportation arrangements
- Files, orders supplies and other clerical duties as assigned
- Communication and collaboration with other departments as required
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Experience within a computerized scheduling environment (Kronos preferred)
- Completion of High School
- Recent related clerical experience, in a health care setting preferred
- Excellent keyboarding skills of 40 wpm, computer skills, including Outlook, MS Word, Excel, scheduling software (Kronos) and Meditech preferred
- Experience working in a unionized environment preferred
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Detail oriented with exceptional problem solving skills
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: November 16, 2018
Posting # 18-0603
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type