Supervisor, Support Services
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Support Services at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
SUPERVISOR, FULL TIME
EVENING, 70 HOURS BI-WEEKLY, NON-UNION
This department is responsible to ensure a clean, safe, and comfortable environment for all Baycrest clients, families, and staff. Responsible for the Evening operations of the following: Housekeeping, Linen/Laundry Services, Portering, Facilities Services, Security Services, and Communications.
Reports to the Manager, Environmental Services, or designate. The Support Services Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operation and general supervision of the Evening Support Services staff in accordance with service objectives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains responsibility for the day-to-day supervision of assigned Support Services staff, as well as participating in operational, financial, quality and risk management planning
- Facilitates the development of departmental objectives, goals, policies and procedures
- Manages and resolves complaints, risk issues and concerns from stakeholders
- Manages Human Resources related matters including recruitment, selection, and staff supervision
- Manages performance including coaching and counseling unionized staff
- Ensures a seamless system is in place for the safe delivery of patient care services to meet or exceed PIDAC standards
- Ensures assigned staff complies with hand hygiene, and infection control guidelines in all work activities
- Recognizes, responds to and reports patient/client safety events (i.e. sentinel events, incidents, near misses, good catches, client risks etc.) in accordance with established practice; ensures compliance and appropriate utilization of the Safety Event Reporting System (‘SERS’).
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- College diploma is an Asset.
- Ontario Hospital Association’s Environmental Services Leadership Certificate Level 1 and 2 courses or Executive Housekeeper diploma completed or in process
- Five (5) years previous experience in a culturally diverse unionized environment.
- Previous experience in a large health care (hospital or long-term care) or hospitality (hotel) facility is preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to facilitate a supportive, collaborative working relationship between Environmental Services staff and with customers.
- Demonstrates ability to facilitate change and be flexible when required.
- Ability to model effective conflict resolution and strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent prioritization, organizational and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of applicable Collective Agreements, including Scheduling and Shift Assignment.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: January 21, 2020
Posting # 20-0018
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type