Supervisor, Food & Nutrition Services - Apotex
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Jewish Home for the Aged has an opportunity for a
FOOD SERVICES SUPERVISOR, FULL TIME
75.00 hours bi-weekly – Days/Evenings, Alternate Weekend
The Food and Nutrition Services Department at Baycrest provides service to clients in the Baycrest Centre and the Apotex Jewish Home for the Aged. Our vision is to provide safe, appetizing food of optimum nutritional quality to facilitate an enjoyable mealtime experience for patients, residents, staff and visitors in compliance with the Jewish laws of Kashruth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise all services within designated area of responsibility according to Baycrest’s mission statement, values and strategic plan
- Ensure adherence to the CSNM and their ethics and standards of practice
- Ensure adherence to the regulation compliance & external legislative in LTC Homes Act, 2007
- Establishes the workflow for the staff, according to departmental policies and procedures
- Ensure laws of Kashruth are adhered to within areas of responsibility and be sensitive to diverse cultural needs
- Ensure full compliance with Public Health and food safety standards
- Plan & organize the daily activities of the dietary Dept.
- Ability to train staff, students in unionized environment.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Current member of the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management
- Graduate of an accredited culinary management program and/or combination of equivalent experience and education
- Experience supervising staff in a unionized environment required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a large volume food service/ healthcare operation required
- Current Food Handlers Certification in accordance with Public Health required
- Experience with cook-chill and rethermalization systems is preferred
- Ability to use PointClickCare & Menu Management Software.
- Familiarity with MOHLTC Regulations is an asset
- Effective customer service, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office Software Word, Excel and Outlook
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: February 10, 2020
Posting # 20-0004
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type