Supervisor, Environmental Services
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Environmental Services department has an opportunity for a
SUPERVISOR, ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES, PART TIME
42 Bi-Weekly Hours – Days, including Weekends and Holidays (shifts may be subject to change)
The Environmental Services Department consists of Housekeeping, Patient Transport, Linen and Laundry and the Mailroom. Reporting to the Manager of Environmental Services, the Supervisor will be responsible for:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides team leadership and collaborating with Clinical Leaders facilitating continuous quality improvement initiatives and excellent customer service
- Optimizes team performance by developing, revising and implementing departmental policies and procedures and ongoing operational changes to job area routines, programs and systems
- Prepares staff shift schedules and payroll
- Conducts Quality Assurance Inspections, identifying and following up on opportunities for continuous improvement in the department
- Responsible for various Human Resources functions including supervising staff, recruitment, orientation, performance management, attendance management, discipline, job shadowing and workload assessment
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Post-secondary diploma, degree, or related experience required
- Completion of O.H.A Supervisor Level 1 and 2 courses or Executive Housekeeper Diploma or PHH an asset
- 5 years Supervisory/Coordinator experience in a unionized environment required
- Proven ability in labour relations and compliance within local and central collective agreements
- Expert knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety legislation, WHMIS, Infection Control Standards, PIDAC, Long-term Care standards, MOE Waste guidelines, OH&S Act, WHMIS and environmental services procedures and processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, prioritization, organizational, and leadership skills
- Computer skills that include the ability to use Microsoft Office software
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Date Posted: September 4, 2019
Closing Date: September 11, 2019
Posting # 19-0600
Position # SES005
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type