Sr. Project Manager, Redevelopment
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Redevelopment department at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
SR. PROJECT MANAGER, REDEVELOPMENT
The Redevelopment department is responsible for the planning and delivery of capital and other redevelopment projects across the Baycrest campus including Baycrest Hospital, Apotex Centre, Jewish Home for the Aged and The Terraces of Baycrest. The department also acts in a support/advisory role for the senior’s independent living residential facility at 2 Neptune Drive, as needed or requested.
Reporting to the Manager, Redevelopment, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management and coordination of capital redevelopment projects (and other projects as assigned), which can include Ministry of Health and Ministry of Long-Term Care approved projects, maintenance and infrastructure projects, space allocations and other special redevelopment projects.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to define project requirements and scope.
- Assists in the project procurement process, including engaging consultants and contractors as required.
- Develops drawings and specifications in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders, including architects, engineers and other consultants as required.
- Develops and manages project estimates and budgets, including accurately forecasting contractual services, supplies, equipment and space requirements for all project activities, and validating quantities needed to accomplish project objectives.
- Develops and manages project schedules in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders, including consultants as required.
- Monitors contractors, consultants and other external stakeholders to ensure project work is conducted in accordance with applicable Baycrest policies and procedures.
- Enforces accountability of external stakeholders with respect to applicable legislative requirements and relevant standards, including building codes, health and safety requirements, and general best practices.
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in architecture, engineering or related discipline, from a recognized post-secondary educational institution – or a combination of relevant education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Certification or accreditation in Project Management from a recognized professional body/organization is considered a definite asset.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in managing projects involving planning, design, construction and commissioning.
- Advanced level of project delivery skillset working on various sizes of complex projects being undertaken in operational environments
- Experience in working with complex building systems and proficiency in technical mechanical, electrical and other building systems
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience to manage multiple complex, projects under pressure to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- Demonstrated experience and application of supervisory principles and effective practices to supervise project teams
- Strong knowledge of all applicable and current legislation, standards and best practices.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: June 29, 2020
Posting # 20-0509
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type