Speech Language Pathologist
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Speech Language Pathology at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST, CASUAL
Week days (shifts may be subject to change)
OPSEU 583 Rate: $38.63 – $49.23
Reporting to the Manager of Ambulatory Services, the Speech Language Pathologist will complete clinical assessments and treatments of patients in hospital in-patient and out-patient environments. The Speech Language Pathologist will be actively involved with interprofessional teams, contribute to the client’s integrated care plan, and will provide family, caregiver and volunteer training.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Complete clinical assessments and treatments of patients in hospital in-patient and out-patient environments.
- The Speech Language Pathologist will be actively involved with Interprofessional teams
- Contribute to the client’s integrated care plan,
- Provide family, caregiver and volunteer training.
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology
- Current member of College of Audiologists & Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (‘CASLPO’) in good standing
- A minimum of three (3) years related clinical experience is preferred.
- Experience in clinical evaluation of swallowing
- Experience in Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of the Swallow (FEES).
- Experience in the assessment and management of adult neurogenic communication disorders , particularly aphasia, motor speech, voice and cognitive communication disorders (including dementia) and familiarity with a variety of treatment models and approaches (e.g. cognitive neuropsychological)
- Experience within a geriatric and/or neuro-rehabilitation setting.
- Experience as a clinical educator an asset
- Experience and/or interest in clinical research with a view to generating research questions and collaborating with researchers.
- University appointment is preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in scholarly and evidence based practice.
- Demonstrated skills in client/family centered care service delivery and team problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a variety of team environments.
- Demonstrated positive attendance record
- Demonstrated ability to meet professional clinical infection control protocols
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type