- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Payroll Services department at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
PAYROLL SPECIALIST, FULL TIME
(70.00 Hours bi-weekly – Non-Union)
Payroll Services is responsible for administering payroll for all non-union and union employees at Baycrest in an efficient and accurate manner, ensuring compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements. The Payroll Specialist is responsible for payroll accuracy and meeting deadlines. In addition, the Payroll Specialist is expected to ensure all earnings and deductions are up-to-date and accurate. The Payroll Specialist is responsible for coordinating and creating all payroll reports.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Runs bi-weekly payroll on a rotational basis for the organization
- Completes payment to various agencies, banks & government institutions in accordance with policies and legal requirements
- Responsible for the full cycle payroll processing including changes, terminations etc.
- Performs reconciliations of payroll deduction & benefit accounts
- Assists with the processing of mass adjustments in system for collective agreements and non-union compensation i.e. retroactive adjustments, pay increases etc.
- Audits bi-weekly data entries & supports external audit process
- Assists with the set up of special deduction/payment plans on behalf of employees
- Administers the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) payments for employees who are on a leave
- Completes special forms and requests regarding Record of Employment, Employment Insurance queries, WSIB claims, and HOOPP
- Prepares ad-hoc, periodic and annual reports and works with the Total Rewards & HR Operations Analyst to create new payroll reports as requested
- Assists Payroll Services Supervisor with year-end reports i.e. T4, Pension Adjustments
- Completes reports related to payroll information for internal and external purposes i.e. vacation, sick leave etc.
- Assumes delegated duties and responsibilities of the Payroll Services Supervisor, in their absence
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Business Degree or Diploma in a related field of study required
- Canadian Payroll Association (‘PCP’) certification preferred
- 3 - 5 years related Payroll experience, including payroll processing through the full bi-weekly, monthly and annual payroll cycles required
- Proficient with NowSolutions Payroll System an asset
- Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft suite of software, including Excel, Word, Outlook required
- Proven ability to multi-task with competing priorities to ensure responsibilities are fulfilled, often within tight timelines
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills to maintain effective customer communications
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: July 26, 2019
Posting # 19-0474
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type