Specialist, Marketing & Communications - Baycrest@Home
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Baycrest @ Home has an opportunity for a
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Non-Union, 70 Hours Bi-Weekly
The Baycrest@Home team requires the assistance of a skilled Marketing Specialist to help craft the marketing and communications strategy, including specific tactics and outcomes that helps B@H achieve its business goals. This role will sit with the Marketing & Communications team with 100% focus on the B@H portfolio. The incumbent will be responsible for implementing aspects of the strategy directly and in cooperation with Baycrest’s MarComm team. The role will also be responsible for monitoring the response to and overall success of the strategy by relying on data from a variety of sources, and using this to guide the investment of resources, messaging and channels used. This role will ensure key stakeholder groups – funders and investors, current customers, and prospective clients – feel seen, appreciated and confident in the B@H initiative.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Reviews and analyzes current market entry strategy, including customer and client personas, addressable market, potential secondary markets, pricing and packaging strategies, communication strategies and target recruitment and revenues
- Works closely with both the Baycrest@Home and the Baycrest MarComm teams, contribute to developing a marketing and communications strategy, including identification of tangible goals to achieve both financial sustainability and its social mission, including audience reach and client acquisition.
- Documents a marketing framework to achieve these goals, including target market, brand positioning, key messages, media planning (advertising, PR, digital).
- Leads the creation of content for B@H website refresh and content management (messaging, structure, content) to support new products and services, increased traffic (of both existing clients and prospective clients), including SEO, Google Analytics and Tagging
- Hands-on management of digital and social media such as website blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram feeds to support the B@H brand
- Review, analyze and report on data from various sources of client response, e.g. inbound calls, client feedback, product utilization data, website traffic, and social media
- Liaises with the MarComm team at Baycrest to ensure alignment and amplification of messaging
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications or equivalent required
- First-hand experience in bringing innovative direct-to-consumer healthcare solutions to the marketplace.
- 4+ years of experience as a marketing specialist or similar role
- Experience in the Ontario or Canadian healthcare marketplace, pharmaceutical or medical-device manufacturers/retailers, digital-health product companies delivering product/services directly to consumers
- Experience with marketing for commercially successful social enterprises based in the not-for-profit and charitable sector
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/Social media etc.) and market research methods
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrable experience in marketing data analytics and tools
- An energetic tactician, and a doer, who knows how to leverage market insights through feedback gained from iterative product roll-outs and business experiments
- Comfortable rolling-up his/her sleeves working in a small team where passion and drive are more important than business titles or formal roles
- Ability to identify and leverage opportunities to cross-promote/sell solutions.
- Highly collaborative and willing to take on and support the work of team members
- Organized, with ability to develop and manage campaigns, design meaningful business experiments, and apply data to marketing strategy quickly
- Proficiency with (Adobe Creative Suite & CRM software) and applications (Web analytics, Google Adwords etc.)
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and web development tools (e.g. Wordpress) desired
- Proficiency with data collection and analysis tools, including online polling and survey tools, databases, or development environments is an asset
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, is strongly preferred
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: October 19, 2020
Posting # 20-0670
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type