Social Worker MSWI
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Inpatient Psychiatry Program on 4 East Hospital has an opportunity for a
SOCIAL WORKER MSW I
TEMPORARY, PART TIME
(APPROX. 10 MONTHS)
56 Bi-weekly Hours – Days (shifts may be subject to change)
OPSEU 595 - Wage Rate: $37.59 - $47.91
The Inpatient Psychiatry Program provides assessment and short term management of mental health issues, by an interdisciplinary team, for adults over the age of 65. The major focus of the unit is on complex individuals who have been diagnosed with a mental illness and have comorbid medical diagnoses such as Parkinson’s disease.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides individual, family and/or group psychosocial assessments, support and counseling
- In collaboration with the inter-professional team, implements a client focused care plan and coordinating the discharge planning process for the patients
- Provides support/consultation to other disciplines on the team re: psychosocial issues particularly related to complex patient/family situations
- Crisis intervention
- Acts as a linkage and communication conduit between the family and the care team
- Establihes community linkages and outreach with relevant agencies and other Baycrest programs and services
- Participates in teaching and other student supervision activities for health professional students assigned to this unit
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Masters of Social Work degree
- Current and valid registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (‘OCSWSSW’)
- Knowledge and understanding of ALC practices and principles required
- Experience in discharge planning and system navigation preferred
- Background in Minimum Data Set (‘MDS’) assessment and understanding of derived clinical outcomes preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word and Excel, RMNR preferred
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Date Posted: February 14, 2020
Closing Date: February 21, 2020
Posting # 20-0100
Position # MSA042
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type