Social Worker (MSW I)
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Baycrest@Home has an opportunity for a
SOCIAL WORKER, MSW 1 - FULL TIME PERMANENT
70 Biweekly hours - Days (Some evening and weekend work may be required)
OPSEU 595 – Hourly Pay Rate: $37.59 to $47.91
Baycrest@Home is an initiative offered through Baycrest that offers a suite of services addressing the gaps left by traditional home care. Baycrest@Home is aimed at providing virtual supports to families helping an older adult with cognitive and physical challenges living at home including counselling, education, safety solutions and a new series of programs that enhance social connection and engagement in meaningful ways. A key component of Baycrest@Home is virtual access to specialized clinical social work supports and caregiver capacity building.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides virtual clinical social work services including psychosocial assessments, case management, intake, navigation, individual and family counselling and group services
- Provides virtual clinical social work services to caregivers including adult children and spouses caring for individuals with dementia in the community
- Supports the Baycrest@Home team to design, develop and implement innovative social work supports and program offerings accessible virtually
- Develops and leads new virtual on-demand and live interactive education and capacity building sessions for older adults and caregivers
- Acts as system navigation support for caregivers to make referrals to other appropriate Baycrest supports and external resources
- Collaborates and liaises with Baycrest@Home team to develop an individualized, curated clinical pathway with goals for clients throughout their journey
- Supports the Baycrest@Home team in the creation, delivery and sustainability of Baycrest@Home social support programs such as volunteer supports
- Participates in data collection and reporting on a number of accountability measures in addition to relevant research and evaluation activities
- Attends on-site meetings and performs departmental responsibilities to contribute to the efficient and effective provision of service
- Ensures the protection of client rights and acting in an advocacy role for the resident/clients
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Completion of a Master’s degree program in social work
- Current registration/licensure in good standing as required by a professional body.
- Minimum two (2) years related experience in geriatrics, community based seniors care and caregiver supports
- Minimum two (2) years related experience in providing virtual clinical social work services including psychosocial assessments, case management, individual counselling and group activities is essential
- Demonstrated familiarity with various videoconferencing platforms and hosting multipoint conferences and group events, especially with older adults and family caregivers, and the use of other electronic communication devices and software pertaining to clinical service delivery and documentation
- Demonstrated experience and ability to author online articles and other educational content for patients and family members,
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge in developing and delivering virtual education and capacity building programs including lectures, presentations, live, interactive and prerecorded sessions for older adults and caregivers
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge of working with family and unpaid caregivers across the spectrum of supports (i.e. prevention, crisis, self-management, treatment etc.) and a comprehensive understanding of the diverse needs of older adults and caregivers living in the community
- Ability and experience overseeing and working with volunteer supports
- Clinical experience with older adults and caregivers with various types of dementia, delirium, and those with acute behavioural change living in the community seeking solutions and support
- Awareness of community supports and resources available and ability to enable access to supports for clients
- Demonstrated competence in the use of standard psychogeriatric assessment tools and clinical counselling approaches
- Demonstrated excellent clinical-reasoning, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as required to deliver clinical social work services and education virtually
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Date Posted: September 1, 2020
Closing Date: September 8, 2020
Posting # 20-0610
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type