- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Interprofessional Primary Care Team at Baycrest
has an opportunity for a
SOCIAL WORKER MSWI
(Approx. 6 Months)
42 Bi-Weekly Hours
Day/Evening including some weekends (shifts subject to change)
OPSEU 595 Hourly Pay Rate: $37.59 - $47.91
Become part of Baycrest’s newly established Interprofessional Primary Care Team (IPCT). The IPCT partners with family physicians in addressing the needs of patients aged 18 and up with chronic or multiple medical conditions, living in the North Toronto Sub-Region, to help them achieve better health outcomes and access resources and services. As the Social Worker on the team you will thrive to provide clients and their families with a safe and supportive environment to enable them to achieve their health and social goals, connect them to services and supports, while taking into consideration cultural and spiritual aspects and personal preferences.
We are looking for a Social Worker that is compassionate, creative thinker, with excellent team work skills and has the ability to adapt to various working environments, while fostering positive clinical relationships with clients and their families.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with the interprofessional team, implements a client focused care plan and coordinates the discharge planning process for patients, as appropriate.
- Participates in and delivers client and family educational activities and engagement events, in the community and/or virtually.
- Provides counselling, education and caregiver support to patients and families.
- Offers comprehensive psychosocial assessments
- Delivers short term interventions & goal oriented counselling in various community settings.
- Facilitates connection to appropriate community resources social supports including application submission
- Liaises with various providers including close collaboration with the family physician.
- Coordinates family meetings and/or team meetings.
- Coordinates Power of Attorney, Advanced care, and future planning discussions.
- Supports for other Interprofessional Primary Care team members around family/client barriers, resources, etc.
- Participates in case discussions, team meetings and evaluation activities
- Ensures and delivers appropriate documentation within electronic health records.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Masters of Social Work degree required
- Current and valid registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (‘OCSWSSW’) required.
- Knowledge and understanding of community resources required.
- Experience in discharge planning and system navigation required.
- Background in Minimum Data Set (‘MDS’) assessment and understanding of derived clinical outcomes preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word and Excel, RMNR preferred
- Ability to communicate in: Russian, Spanish and/or Tagalog is an asset
- Most of the patients reside in the Englemount Lawrence and Forrest Hill North area so it is an asset for candidates to understand the needs of people living there.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type