- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Ambulatory Services (Mental Health Programs and Sam & Ida Ross Memory Clinic) at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
MEDICAL SECRETARY, PART TIME
17.5 Bi-weekly Hours – Days- Monday to Friday
(shifts may be subject to change)
The Mental Health Program is made up of exceptional psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, occupational therapists, and a nurse practitioner who focus on psycho-geriatric care of individuals 65 years or older and provide specialized assessment, treatment, care, support and education to clients seeking help for diverse mental health concerns. The Memory Clinic Interprofessional team consists of neurologists, geriatrician, psychiatrists, nurses, speech-language pathologist, social worker specializing in assessment and/or management of dementia or abnormal behaviour due to disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, frontotemporal dementia, and vascular dementia. This position supports Ambulatory Services and is primarily assigned to Mental Health Services and the Sam & Ida Ross Clinic.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrating a high degree of accuracy and efficiency, manages new referrals, booking/re-booking and confirming appointments, as well as maintaining the team’s schedule
- Provides excellent service throughout the client’s visit and at every interaction with clients/family and clinic team.
- Liaises with various external agencies (e.g. doctors’ offices, hospital labs, medical records) and ensures completion of referrals and other supporting documents requested by the team
- Consistently adheres to clinic specific Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.’s) for established office admin. processes
- Ensures that clinic charts are organized for clinic days as per established S.O.P. to ensure optimal workflow
- Efficient, thorough and accurate use of the computerized information system
- Provides reception, telephone answering services in a professional manner and general clerical and administrative support.
- Accurately performs timekeeping payroll duties
- Maintains and compiles stats for Ambulatory Mental Health services
- Orders and maintains supplies and equipment
- Processes payment for non-OHIP funded care
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary Medical Office Administration program or similar.
- Two (2) years related experience.
- Experience with Meditech (Electronic Health Record)
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology.
- Keyboarding speed of 65 w.p.m.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and scheduling program.
- Willingness and ability to learn all additional necessary computer programs required for this position.
- Proficient at using a voicemail system that uses email to save messages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that demonstrate an efficient and solutions oriented approach to working with others.
- Ability to do OHIP billing and knowledge of OHIP Card validation is an asset.
- Ability to prioritize, organize workload and plan independently to get tasks successfully accomplished. Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with complex, stressful situations and multiple demands.
- Ability to prepare daily and monthly reports and any additional reports as requested, & supports team meetings i.e. preparing agenda, circulating material, and taking minutes.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Date Posted: November 27, 2018
Closing Date: December 3, 2018
Posting # 18-0641
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type