Research MRI Technologist
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Rotman Research Institute at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
Research MRI Technologists (x2) – Casual Part-time
Up to 60.00 hours bi-weekly – Non-Union – 2 months contract
The Rotman Research Institute (RRI) is a premier international centre for the study of human brain function. The primary research focus is on memory and the executive functions of the brain, both in normal aging and in the presence of diseases and conditions which affect the brain, such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. The RRI is seeking a MRI Technologist with experience in research fMRI applications to neuroscience to join the Imaging Research team. This is an excellent opportunity to experience a stimulating work and educational environment. You will participate in diverse research projects focusing on functional MRI of memory, aging and diseases of aging. Our research resources include a 3T Siemens MRI scanner, extensively renovated support space, and approximately 80 scientists, postdoctoral fellows, technical staff, and graduate students motivated towards improving health care in Canada through imaging research.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform MRI imaging for research studies
- Assist in the analysis of the data
- Ensure appropriate safety and support for research subjects
- Ensure proper documentation and archiving of research data
- Contribute to the development of new research protocols
- Work as member of Research team, adjusting protocols/sequences during scanning based on Research needs
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Completion of a recognized program in MRI, or recognized equivalent with MRI certification required.
- RTMR certification required.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (B.C.L.S.) program, Level II: Basic Rescuer certification required.
- Registration with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO) required
- Registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
- 3-5 years MRI experience in a neuroscience research environment.
- Solid understanding of research protocols including research design and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member to meet varied needs of Scientists, Post-Doctoral Fellows and Graduate Students.
- Demonstrated organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective computer skills Windows operating systems
- Proven ability to multi-task and work efficiently with a broad range of research protocols involving young and elderly volunteers and individuals with neurological conditions
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: October 26, 2018
Posting # 18-0638
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type