Research Assistant - Technician (Level II)
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Rotman Research Institute at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
RESEARCH ASSISTANT-TECHNICIAN (Level 2), FULL TIME
70.00 Hours bi-weekly – Non-Union – 1 Year Contract
The Rotman Research Institute (RRI) is a premier international centre for the study of human brain function. The primary research focus is on memory and the executive functions of the brain, both in normal aging and in the presence of diseases and conditions which affect the brain, such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The successful candidate will work with an interdisciplinary research team focused on the measurement of human brain network function with modern neuroimaging methods, such as functional magnetic resonance imaging and electroencephalography. The laboratory’s focus integrates these empirical data with computational models to capture the full dynamics of human mental function. The candidate will focus the computational developments for experimental data processing and visualization and assist in experimental design and data acquisition.
- Documenting, maintaining and modifying existing code, creating new code for various scientific pilot studies and experiments.
- Contributing to computational algorithms for use with imaging technologies (MRI, EEG, MEG, PET, SPECT, etc.).
- Assessment and refinement of computational approaches using simulated and empirical data.
- Work with technicians and scientists in collaborating institutes to exchange analytic approaches and datasets
- Gain high level of competency with The Virtual Brain software platform in order to use this tool for various large-scale brain modeling projects
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- A 4-year Honours Bachelor degree in computer science, mathematics or related filed and 5 years’ experience as a Research Assistant at Level 1, or a Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics or related field with a minimum two years’ experience
- Shell scripting in Unix
- Advanced knowledge in C/C++ programming language, Matlab or Python
- Strong verbal skills and effective writing skills
- Effective time management skills
- Signal processing methods, statistical methods are advantageous
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: August 24, 2018
Posting # 18-0367
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type