Research Assistant Level II (x3)
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Rotman Research Institute at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
Kunin-Lunenfeld Centre for Applied Research & Evaluation
(KL-CARE) Research Assistant – Level 2 (Three)
70.00 Hours bi-weekly – Non-Union
The Rotman Research Institute (RRI) is a premier international centre for the study of human brain function. The primary research focus is on memory and the executive functions of the brain, both in normal aging and in the presence of diseases and conditions which affect the brain, such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, Alzheimer’s disease, and other dementias. KL-CARE is a support and services hub focused on working with healthcare professionals, researchers, trainees, and commercial partners to facilitate and support clinical, applied, and evaluative research at Baycrest.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Literature reviews
- Assisting with project and protocol design
- Assisting with participant recruitment and informed consent activities
- Medical chart review & data abstraction
- Assisting with the collection, management, and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data
- Assisting with database creation & maintenance
- Assisting with preparation of written materials: focus group/interview guides, research ethics board applications, consent forms, manuscripts, research reports, poster and presentation submissions
- Engagement with the lead investigators, research team, and clinical providers throughout the research process
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Completion of a B.Sc. in Psychology, Neuroscience or Health Sciences related discipline combined with at least five (5) years of relevant research or clinical experience OR a M.Sc. in Psychology, Neuroscience, or Health Sciences related discipline combined with at least two (2) years of experience
- Experience with applying a client-centred approach to interacting and working with patient populations, particularly older adults
- Experience in quantitative research, including conducting basic data analyses using common statistical software such as SPSS
- Experience in qualitative research – data coding & analysis using common software such as N’Vivo
- Experience with program evaluation and data management are assets
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience using common research databases and reference management software such as PubMed, Endnote, RefWorks, etc. – is considered an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Detail oriented, accurate, dependable and flexible individual, able to work independently and capable of multi-tasking.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: August 27, 2018
Posting # 18-0368
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type