Research Assistant Level II
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Rotman Research Institute at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
RESEARCH ASSISTANT Level 2 - FULL TIME
70.00 Hours bi-weekly – Non-Union – One year renewable contract
The Rotman Research Institute (RRI) is a premier international centre for the study of human brain function. The primary research focus is on memory and the executive functions of the brain, both in normal aging and in the presence of diseases and conditions which affect the brain, such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. This position is supervised by Dr. Donna Addis, in collaboration with scientists and clinicians at Baycrest.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruitment and coordinating participation in behavioural and functional neuroimaging studies of memory, imagination and/or creativity;
- Assisting with data collection in behavioural/fMRI/MEG/TMS experiments involving young and older adults, individuals with depression and/or dementia;
- Managing database(s);
- Scoring and analysis of behavioural data; pre-processing and analysis of neuroimaging data;
- Assisting in preparing grant proposals and documents for ethics committee review;
- Administrative duties as needed.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- 4-year Honours Bachelor Degree and 5 years’ experience as a Research Assistant, OR a general 3-year Bachelor of Science Degree with experience in a specialized area and 5 years’ experience as a Research Assistant, OR a Master’s Degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail are essential;
- Strong computer and data analysis skills are an asset;
- Previous experience with behavioural testing and fMRI/MEG/TMS research (including associated software packages) is an asset.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: January 4, 2019
Posting # 18-0686
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type