Research Assistant - Level I
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Rotman Research Institute at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
Research Assistant – Level 1
Full-time One Year Renewable
70.00 Hours bi-weekly – Non-Union
The Rotman Research Institute (RRI) is a premier international centre for the study of human brain function. Research assistant positions are available in the laboratory of Dr. Brian Levine. This research concerns memory, executive functions, and rehabilitation in healthy younger and older adults and in patients with brain disease. Research activities include psychometric testing, neuroimaging (MRI, EEG, MEG), and rehabilitation (for more information, see LevineLab.ca). Multiple positions are available pertaining to interacting with research volunteers, coordinating studies, and managing data.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruiting and testing subjects (neuropsychological, neuroimaging)
- Data management, including scoring and analyzing data
- Assisting with statistical analysis
- Preparing stimuli for studies
- Preparing and managing research ethics applications and grant applications
- Various administrative duties
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Four (4) year Bachelor degree in Psychology, Neuroscience, Medical Biophysics, Computer Science, or Biomedical Engineering with a background in cognition and/or neuroscience or a three (3) year General Bachelor of Science Degree in one of the above fields with a background in cognition and/or neuroscience, with a minimum of one (1) year of related experience or a Master’s Degree with no experience.
- Those with more experience (5 years’ RA) will be considered for a Level II position.
- Clinical experience with neurological populations
- Experience with quantitative data analysis
- Experience collecting and managing data
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make a two-year commitment
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: August 21, 2019
Posting # 19-0492
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type