Research Assistant - Level 1
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Rotman Research Institute at Baycrest currently has an opportunity for
RESEARCH ASSISTANT – LEVEL 1
Full Time – One year fixed contract
70 Hours Bi-Weekly (Non-Union)
The Rotman Research Institute (RRI) is a premier international centre for the study of human brain function. The primary research focus is on memory and the executive functions of the brain, both in normal aging and in the presence of diseases and conditions which affect the brain, such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The Research Assistant will work on projects related to investigation of non-invasive brain stimulation as a treatment for cognitive problems in stroke and dementia.
Primary activities for this position include:
- Assists with recruitment and escorting research participants to the testing locations.
- Assists with the analysis of behavioural and neuroimaging data.
- Administers brain stimulation to participants, and record brain electrical activity with magnetoencephalography.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Completion of a B.Sc. in Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science, or Health Sciences related discipline combined with at least one (1) year of relevant research or clinical experience.
- Computer programming or scripting (e.g. Matlab, Python)
- Recruitment and testing of research participants
- Working with older individuals
- Rudimentary knowledge of cognitive and language neuroscience
- Working knowledge of basic statistical methods
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with supervision sought as needed
- Highly motivated; ability to problem solve
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: June 4, 2019
Posting # 19-0311
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type