Research Assistant I
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Rotman Research Institute at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
Research Assistant Level 1
70.00 Hours bi-weekly – Non-Union – One Year renewable
The Rotman Research Institute (RRI) is a premier international centre for the study of human brain function. The primary research focus is on memory and the executive functions of the brain, both in normal aging and in the presence of diseases and conditions which affect the brain, such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide the administrative support to the clinical research teams in the full spectrum of the research activities such as study pre-study, start up, site management and site closure.
- Assist in gathering and the preparation of documents for clinical trial applications for the submission and approval from the competent authority and ethical committees.
- Responsible for the correct filing and archiving of clinical trial documents, and the maintenance of study files.
- Provides support in meeting activities such as organizing and planning of meetings (e.g. investigator/ project/ team meetings), and provide meeting minutes.
- Perform collection, interpretation and recording of data in accordance with company’s guidelines and standards.
- Perform data validation and storage of various project documents.
- Sort and organize the data; both hard copy and electronic versions.
- Maintain the completed hard copy and electronic files of project records.
- Data entry and respond to queries as per study requirements.
- Prepare data for reporting, meeting and presentations.
- Consenting the participants for research studies.
- Administering questionnaires as per study requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Qualifications (include But Are Not Limited To) Completion of a B.A. or B.Sc. in Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science, or Health Sciences related discipline combined with at least one (1) year of relevant research or clinical experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with supervision sought as needed
- Highly motivated; ability to problem solve
- Basic knowledge of clinical trial processes and ICH/GCP guidelines.
- Strong general administration skills and experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Well organized with good time management skills.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: December 20, 2019
Posting # 19-1003
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type