- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Rotman Research Institute at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
RESEARCH ASSISTANT, TEMPORARY FULL TIME
70.00 Hours bi-weekly – Non-Union – 1 Year Contract
The Rotman Research Institute (RRI) is a premier international centre for the study of human brain function. The primary research focus is on memory and the executive functions of the brain, both in normal aging and in the presence of diseases and conditions which affect the brain, such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists with participant recruitment and informed consent activities
- Assists with the collection & analysis of qualitative and quantitative data
- Assists with database creation & maintenance
- Assists with preparation of written materials: focus group/interview guides, REB applications, consent forms, manuscripts, research reports, presentation submissions
- Engages with the lead investigators, lab manager, research team and clinical providers throughout the research process
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Minimum four (4) year Honours Bachelor degree or three (3) year Bachelor of Science degree in psychology (or other disciplines such as neuroscience, gerontology, allied or mental health).
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Detail-oriented, accurate, dependable and flexible individual with initiative and capacity to handle a complexity of tasks simultaneously
- Background in cognitive and/or neuropsychology is an asset
- Experience with neuropsychological testing is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills in English
- First-rate computer experience
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to function well independently and in a professional manner
- Ability to be a team-player
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: August 21, 2019
Posting # 19-0493
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type