- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Rotman Research Institute at Baycrest has an opportunity for an
for a one year term-limited contract - 70.00 Hours bi-weekly – Non-Union
The Rotman Research Institute is a premier international centre for the study of human brain function with a primary research focus on memory and the executive functions of the brain, both in normal aging and in the presence of neurological diseases and conditions which affect the brain. The successful applicant will carry out logistics and ongoing research projects under the supervision of Professor Morris Moscovitch who directs his laboratory at both the Rotman Research Institute (RRI) at Baycrest and the Psychology Department at the University of Toronto (U of T). The research focus is on memory and its role in spatial navigation, face processing, attention, and mnemonic discrimination, both in the normal aging and amnesic populations. Further, the research methodology can comprise of behavioural (e.g., ePrime), neuroimaging (e.g., fMRI), and/or neuropsychological tests (e.g., MoCA).
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Prepare and submit manuscripts, grant applications, and Research Ethics Board (REB) protocols
- Request, distribute, manage and submit participant funds and receipts
- Collect experimental stimuli
- Run and modify behavioural experiments under ePrime or Python
- Recruit and test research participants using PSYNUP and Adult Volunteer Pool at U of T, and RRI database
- Analyze and graph behavioural data using basic statistics using Excel and SPSS
- Support and guide lab members on the institutional principles and procedures of research operations
- Update webpage of laboratory using Dreamweaver
- Organize computer hardware, software, and hardcopies for Student Room
- Send out invitations, book rooms, and coordinate with invited speakers for special rounds
- Update supervisor’s CV and corresponding annual reports
- Send out requested papers to supervisor and others via U of T’s online library system
- Create presentation slides for supervisor’s conference talks
- Review and submit supervisor’s monthly expenses
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Completion of a B.A. or B.Sc. in Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science, or Health Sciences related discipline combined with at least one (1) year of relevant research or clinical experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with supervision sought as needed
- Highly motivated; ability to problem solve
- R and SPSS for statistical analyses
- Programming languages such as Python
- Microsoft office suites like Word, PowerPoint, Excel,
- Adobe creative suites like Photoshop, Dreamweaver
- Endnote and/or other reference manager
- Recruiting and testing of research participants
- Working with healthy older individuals (+65 years old) and amnesics
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: July 3, 2019
Posting # 19-0392
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type