- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Rotman Institute at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
Non-Union, 70 Hours Bi-Weekly, 1 Year Contract (potential for renewal)
The Rotman Research Institute (RRI) is a premier international centre for the study of human brain function. The primary research focus is on memory and the executive functions of the brain, both in normal aging and in the presence of diseases and conditions which affect the brain, such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Collecting and reviewing peer-reviewed articles and assist in the preparation of grants and production of reports, manuscripts and presentations.
- Conducting reviews of patient & care team records & entering relevant data into a database.
- Assisting in the development and amendments of Research Ethics Board (‘REB’) Applications.
- Assess overall data quality by overseeing data input, developing and performing audits for data quality, ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Perform clinical research activities in a dynamic and collegial environment; perform neuropsychology/cogntive assessments to study participants.
- Interact with elderly volunteers and patients with dementia, movement disorders and/or stroke.
- Assist with patient screening, recruitment and consent, scheduling subject appointments, handling necessary paperwork, and doing data entry.
- Maintain research databases which include patient demographics and neuropsychological test scores.
- Function as part of a patient-focused team of professionals.
- Triage patient phone calls as well as calls from families, and other departments with diplomacy and courtesy, ensuring the appropriate personnel are notified of the phone message.
- Protect and maintain participant confidentiality at all times.
- Support the staff, processes, and technology to work in harmony ensuring accuracy and completeness of data quality and analysis.
- Liaising with the lead investigators, research team and clinical providers throughout the research process.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Minimum of a BSc in Psychology or health science-related discipline.
- Preference will be given to those with some experience recruiting study participants and administering cognitive tests.
- Some experience working with the elderly and/or individuals with cognitive difficulties.
- Some experience with database administration.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of statistical software (e.g., SPSS, SAS) data management and databases (e.g.: Medidata RAVE, OpenClinica etc) would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and professionally, as well as in a team environment with strong problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to cope in stressful situations.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and dependable with strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize your workload and the flexibility to adjust to changing work plans, schedules and deadlines.
- Self-motivated team member with a demonstrated ability to show initiative.
- Ability to interact with a range of health professionals and support staff, through exchange of information, consulting, problem solving and training as required.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: November 19, 2018
Posting # 18-0622
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type