Reigstered Practical Nurse
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Terraces Health Centre has an opportunity for a
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE
On an as needed basis
SEIU Service Hourly Pay Rate: $30.1803 - $30.6687
The Terraces Health Centre is a Retirement Residence complex for 210 seniors. It is connected to the Wagman Centre, a seniors’ community centre, which provides a wide range of recreational, fitness, social and educational programs. The Terraces Health Centre provides primary care to the Terraces residents who reside in individual apartments within the building.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Independently assesses the health needs of the community; develops, plans, implements and evaluates health promotion programs based on an identified need and within the RPN’s scope of practice (The Terraces Health Centre RPN works independently without RN’s support)
- Community development and education, and individual counselling
- Assesses and triages drop-ins and phone calls
- Provides emergency and urgent care to clients as needed
- Cares for minor episodic illness
- Monitors and educates clients with stabilized chronic and long-term illness
- Supports Physicians’ clinics
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Current registration, in good standing, from the College of Nurses of Ontario (‘CNO’) is required
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (‘BCLS’) certificate, Level C - Automated External Device (‘AED’) is required
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in gerontological nursing is required
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in both, Primary Care Community Nursing and acute care is required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Exceptional client service skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in clinical assessment of seniors with complex medical, cognitive and social needs
Posting # 19-0595
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type