Registered Practical Nurse
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Baycrest’s Ambulatory Medical Specialty Clinics have an opportunity for a
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE, PART TIME
10+ hours per week/weekdays/scheduled in advance and subject to clinic times
SEIU Hourly Pay Rate: $29.2949 - $29.7689
Baycrest’s Ambulatory Medical Specialty Clinics offer 16 different physician and nurse-led specialist clinics. The RPN work primarily in the Chiropody, Urology and Opthamology clinics. With a focus on geriatric care, and with the support of world-renowned physicians, we provide specialized assessment, treatment, care, support and education to clients seeking help for diverse health concerns.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing nursing assessment in preparation for the physician appointment
- Partnering with the Chiropodist to lead Baycrest’s foot-care program.
- Carrying out or assisting with investigations and treatments
- Attending visits with physicians to review client’s progress and reinforce health teaching.
- Provide client care in an outpatient setting and in Baycrest resident’s home or room.
- Triaging referrals, facilitating follow-up bookings and reviewing client status and/or plans in conjunction with other health care teams
- Proactively preparing for the client visit: ensuring planned investigations are complete, the medical record is up-to-date, clinics are fully booked, and cancellations are replaced
- Assessing, evaluating and prioritizing the day’s operational and supply needs.
- Acting as a key resource for issue and conflict resolution with team members, clients and families
- Promoting and growing current and new services
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Current certificate of competence in good standing from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Certificate of Medication Administration or equivalent.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (‘BCLS’), Level C.
- Recognized First Aid certificate.
- Certificate of completion of a nursing footcare program at a public college or university such as Mohawk College’s Footcare Program or equivalent is required.
- At least one of the following advanced nursing competencies is required.
- Advanced training or experience in cardiology (e.g. Cardiology Certificate)
- Advanced training or experience in wound care.
- Advanced training or experience as an Opthalmic Nurse. Strongly preferred.
- Advanced training or experience in Rheumatology Nursing
- Advanced training or experience in Urodynamics (e.g. Urodynamics Certificate, cystoscopy)
- Advanced training or experience in otolaryngology (e.g. laryngoscopy)
- Certificate in Dementia Care is preferred and/or Certificate from the Alzheimer’s Society for Dementia, Depression and Delirium is preferred.
- Current and acceptable Vulnerable Sector Screen from the police services in the municipality of residence.
- If English is a second language a passing TOEFL scores of 83 with a speaking score of 26. Russian, Hebrew, Yiddish speaking is an asset.
- Minimum two (5) years recent medical/surgical, rehabilitation, complex continuing care or gerontology experience required
- Minimum two (2) year experience in an ambulatory hospital setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, organizational and decision-making skills
- Excellent patient and family education skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type