Registered Practical Nurse
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Inpatient Psychiatry Program on 4 East, Hospital has an opportunity for a
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE, TEMPORARY PART TIME(Approximately 12 months)
30 Bi-weekly Hours – Day/Night, including alternate weekends (shifts may be subject to change)
SEIU Service Wage Rate: $29.2949 – $29.7689
Inpatient Psychiatry Program provides assessment and short term management of mental health issues, by an interdisciplinary team, for adults over the age of 65. The major focus of the unit is on complex individuals who have been diagnosed with a mental illness and have comorbid medical diagnoses such as Parkinson’s disease.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plans for, delivers and evaluates nursing interventions, including medications, as well as treatments which fall within the RPN’s scope of practice
- Provides client-centered care within interdisciplinary care team to meet the personal care, activation, recreation and spiritual needs of clients
- Collaborates with the Registered Nurse to develop and revise the individualized care plan
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Current registration in good standing from the College of Nurses of ontario (’CNO’) is required
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (‘BCLS’) certificate, Level C - Automated External Device (‘AED’) is required
- Psychogeriatric experience, i.e. mental health assessment and intervention and working with responsive behaviours preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type