Registered Practical Nurse
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Inpatient Low Tolerance Long Duration (LTLD) Rehabilitation Unit on 7 East Hospital has an opportunity for a
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE, CASUAL
Hours and/or shifts are not guaranteed and will vary based on operational needs
SEIU Service Hourly Pay Rate: $30.1803 – $30.6687
The Inpatient Low Tolerance Long Duration (LTLD) Rehabilitation Unit is for patients requiring therapy as a result of musculoskeletal conditions. The purpose is to help patients attain maximum physical and functional goals, while addressing emotional, social and spiritual needs to help them return to living in the community as independently as possible.
Responsibilities include but are
not limited to:
- Plans for, delivers and evaluates nursing interventions, including medications administration as well as treatments which fall within the RPN’s scope of practice
- Provides client-centred care within interdisciplinary care team to meet the personal care, activation, recreation and spiritual needs of clients in supporting their return to the base line functioning and discharge to the community
- Collaborates as needed with a Registered Nurse to develop individualized care plan
Qualifications include but
are not limited to:
- Current registration, in good standing, from the College of Nurses of Ontario (‘CNO’) is required.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (‘BCLS’) certificate, Level C - Automated External Device (‘AED’) is required
- Previous geriatric rehabilitation experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Posting Ref: 20-0625
Position Number: ORP091
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type