Registered Practical Nurse
- Tracking Code
- REPOST 19-0931
- Job Description
Palliative Care Unit on 6 West Hospital has an opportunity for a
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE, PART TIME
30 bi-weekly hours – Night, including alternate weekends (shifts may be subject to change)
SEIU Service Wage Rate: $30.1803 - $30.6687
The Palliative Care Unit (6 West) provides 24-hour pain and symptom control combined with emotional and spiritual support to patients with late or end-stage malignant and non-malignant disease in need of palliative care. We offer a 31 bed unit with beds reserved for both short-term palliative applicants with a 90 day or less prognosis and long-stay palliative applicants.
Responsibilities include but are
not limited to:
- Plans for, delivers and evaluates nursing interventions, including medications, as well as treatments which fall within the RPN’s scope of practice
- Provides client-centred care within interdisciplinary care team to meet the personal care, activation, recreation and spiritual needs of clients with special emphasis on end of life care
- Collaborates with the Registered Nurse to develop and revise individualized care plan
Qualifications include but are
not limited to:
- Current registration, in good standing, from the College of Nurses of Ontario (‘CNO’) is required.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (‘BCLS’) certificate, Level C - Automated External Device (‘AED’) is required
- Knowledge of Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Standard of Care an asset
- Previous experience in palliative care preferred
- Psychogeriatric experience, i.e. mental health assessment and intervention and working with responsive behaviours preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Date Posted: June 30, 2020
Closing Date: July 9, 2020
Posting # 19-0931
Position # RPN280
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type