- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Outreach and Day Treatment Centre (‘DTC’)/Integrated Community Care Team (‘ICCT’) have an opportunity for a
REGISTERED NURSE, CASUAL
(No Guarantee of Hours)
ONA Hourly Pay Rate: $33.23 - $47.57
Day Treatment Centre assists older adults who are having difficulty managing in their own homes and have complex health problems requiring rehabilitation. The goal of the treatment is to help clients attain and maintain optimal physical and psychosocial functioning. The Integrated Community Care Team provides a model of integrated, inter-professional care in the community.
Responsibilities include but are
not limited to:
- Provides comprehensive nursing assessments and client care plans for frail elderly clients in the community and in DTC
- Maintains responsibility for establishing a client care plan based on bio-psychosocial and spiritual needs assessment and integrating other health professionals’ recommendations
- Plans for, delivers and evaluates nursing interventions, including medications, as well as treatments which fall within the Registered Nurses’ scope of practice
- Documents care provided and responses observed
- Facilitates communications between care providers in the community
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (‘BCLS’) certificate, Level C - Automated External Device (‘AED’) is required
- Current registration, in good standing, from the College of Nurses of Ontario (‘CNO’) is required
- BScN preferred
- Access to transportation (eg current driver’s license and car) required
- Previous geriatric rehabilitation experience, gerontological nursing experience and experience in community programs preferred
- Expertise in clinical assessments of elderly clients
- Ability to lead focus groups and to plan/execute knowledge translation/adult learning sessions with clients, caregivers, family members and inter-professional team members
- Excellent inter-personal, communication, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook preferred
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Date Posted: May 7, 2019
Posting # 19-0230
Position # ONR113
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type