- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Inpatient High Tolerance Rehabilitation (HTR) Unit on 7 West Hospital has an opportunity for a
REGISTERED NURSE, PART TIME
30 Bi-weekly Hours – Evening, including alternate weekends (shifts subject to change)
The Inpatient High Tolerance Rehabilitation (HTR) Unit is for patients requiring therapy as a result of musculoskeletal conditions. The purpose is to help patients attain maximum physical and functional goals, while addressing emotional, social and spiritual needs to help them return to living in the community as independently as possible.
Responsibilities include but are
not limited to:
- Provides sound clinical knowledge and assessment skills, acts as clinical expert and resource and provides comprehensive, quality client/family centred health care services from admission, through transfers and discharge
- Plans for, delivers and evaluates nursing interventions, including medications administration as well as treatments which fall within the RN’s scope of practice
- Provides client-centred care within interdisciplinary care team to meet the personal care, activation, recreation and spiritual needs of clients in supporting their return to the base line functioning and discharge to the community
Qualifications include but are
not limited to:
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (‘BCLS’) certificate, Level C - Automated External Device (‘AED’) is required
- Current registration, in good standing, from the College of Nurses of Ontario (‘CNO’) is required
- BScN preferred
- Previous geriatric rehabilitation experience preferred
- Certification in Rehabilitation nursing preferred
- Demonstrated ability to take professional accountability for leading, organizing, providing and delegating care activities for the unit, clients and families
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word and Excel, RM&R Resource Matching and Referral preferred
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Posting Date: October 7, 2020
Internal Expiry Date: October 13, 2020
Posting # 20-0687
Position # RNR139
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type