- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Nursing Resource Team (‘NRT’) has an opportunity for a
REGISTERED NURSE, FULL TIME
75 bi-weekly hours – Evenings including alternate weekends
(Shifts may be subject to change)
ONA Wage Rate: $33.56- $48.05
NRT functions as a supplemental staffing support to all units at Baycrest, by providing full nursing care to patients who exhibit a wide range of physiological and cognitive needs with various levels of acuity, including rehabilitation, complex continuing care, palliative care, mental health, behavioural support and long-term care.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Provides sound clinical knowledge and assessment skills, acts as clinical expert and resource and provides comprehensive, quality client/family centred health care services from admission, through transfers and discharge
- Plans for, delivers and evaluates nursing interventions, including medications administration as well as treatments which fall within the RN’s scope of practice
- Provides client-centred care within interdisciplinary care team to meet the personal care, activation, recreation and spiritual needs of clients in supporting their return to the base line functioning and discharge to the community
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Current registration, in good standing, from the College of Nurses of Ontario (‘CNO’) is required
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (‘BCLS’) certificate, Level C - Automated External Device (‘AED’) is required
- BScN preferred
- Previous geriatric experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to take professional accountability for leading, organizing, providing and delegating care activities for the unit, clients and families
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to rotate to all clinical settings at Baycrest
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word and Excel, RM&R Resource Matching and Referral preferred
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: November 20, 2020
Posting # 20-0790
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type