- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Inpatient Behavioural Neurology Unit on 4 West, Hospital has an opportunity for a
REGISTERED NURSE, PART TIME
30 bi-weekly hours – Day, potential to rotate, including alternate weekends (Shifts may be subject to change)
ONA Hourly Pay Rate: $33.56 – $48.05
Inpatient Behavioral Neurology Unit on 4 West is a short stay secure inpatient unit for adults with neurologic compromises. It offers a specialized interdisciplinary service that focuses on diagnosis, assessment and treatment of complex neurological diseases and associated behavioural symptoms. The overall goal is to enhance the wellbeing of the client and improve their quality of life.
Responsibilities include but are
not limited to:
- Provides sound clinical knowledge and assessment skills, acts as clinical expert and resource and provides comprehensive, quality client/family centred health care services from admission, through transfers and discharge
- Plans for, delivers and evaluates nursing interventions, including medications, as well as treatments which fall within the RN’s scope of practice
- Provides client-centred care within interdisciplinary care team to meet the personal care, activation, recreation and spiritual needs of clients
- Participating actively in the teaching programs for nurses and nursing students
Qualifications include but are
not limited to:
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (‘BCLS’) certificate, Level C - Automated External Device (‘AED’) is required
- Current registration, in good standing, from the College of Nurses of Ontario (‘CNO’) is required
- BScN, PIECES and Crisis Prevention Institute (‘CPI’) certificates preferred
- Demonstrated ability to take professional accountability for leading, organizing, providing and delegating care activities for clients and families
- Experience working with clients with cognitive impairment/dementia and experience working with clients who exhibit high intensity responsive behaviours preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Date Posted: July 3, 2020
Closing Date: July 9, 2020
Posting # 20-0517
Position # RNR164
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type