- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Palliative Care Unit on 6 West Hospital has an opportunity for a
REGISTERED NURSE, PART TIME
30 Bi-weekly Hours – Evening, including alternate weekends (Shifts may be subject to change)
ONA Wage Rate: $33.23 – 47.57
The Palliative Care Unit (6 West) provides 24-hour pain and symptom control combined with emotional and spiritual support to patients with late or end-stage malignant and non-malignant disease in need of palliative care. We offer a 31 bed unit with beds reserved for both short-term palliative applicants with a 90 day or less prognosis and long-stay palliative applicants.
Responsibilities include but are
not limited to:
- Provides sound clinical knowledge and assessment skills, acts as clinical expert and resource and provides comprehensive, quality client/family centred health care services from admission, through transfers and discharge
- Plans for, delivers and evaluates nursing interventions, including medications, as well as treatments which fall within the RN’s scope of practice
- Provides client-centered care within interdisciplinary care team to meet the personal care, activation, recreation and spiritual needs of clients
- Participates actively in the teaching programs for nurses and nursing students
Qualifications include but are
not limited to:
- Current registration, in good standing, from the College of Nurses of Ontario (‘CNO’) is required
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (‘BCLS’) certificate, Level C - Automated External Device (‘AED’) is required
- BScN preferred
- Knowledge of Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Standard of Care an asset
- Demonstrated ability to take professional accountability for leading, organizing, providing and delegating care activities for clients and families
- Previous experience in palliative care preferred
- Psychogeriatric experience, i.e. mental health assessment and intervention and working with responsive behaviours preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Posting Date: February 13, 2020
Posting # 20-0099
Position #: RNR221
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type