- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Apotex 2 has an opportunity for a
REGISTERED NURSE, FULL TIME
75 Biweekly hours – Nights, including alternate weekends (shifts may be subject to change)
ONA Hourly Pay Rate: $33.23 - $47.57
Apotex 2 is a Physical Support Unit. This unit focuses on older persons who are living with physical conditions that result in frailty and fragility. These residents require assistance to enable them to continue to live their lives and fulfill their goals and daily activities. This unit enables staff to learn about physical conditions common with aging and the impact of these conditions on mobility, pain, activities of daily living, and emotional health.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides sound clinical knowledge and skills, acts as clinical expert and resource and provides comprehensive, quality client/family centred health care services from admission, through transfers and discharge
- Plans for, delivers and evaluates nursing interventions, including medications, as well as treatments which fall within the RN’s scope of practice
- Provides client-centred care within interdisciplinary care team to meet the personal care, activation, recreation and spiritual needs of clients
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Current registration, in good standing, from the College of Nurses of Ontario (‘CNO’) is required
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (‘BCLS’) certificate, Level C - Automated External Device (‘AED’) is required
- BScN preferred
- Demonstrated ability to take professional accountability for leading, organizing, providing and delegating care activities for clients and families
- Experience in Long-Term Care with clients in day programs or residents in a Long-Term Care and Community Setting preferred
- Certificate in Dementia Care preferred
- Training in Gentle Persuasive Approach and U-First preferred
- Psychogeriatric experience, i.e. mental health assessment and intervention and working with responsive behaviours including various types of dementia, delirium, mental health issues preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, MDS/RAI, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Posting # 19-0795
Position # RNR267
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type