- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Therapeutic Recreation Services at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
OPSEU 595 – Hourly Pay Rate: $23.95 – $29.84
Leisure is an important component of both quality of life and well-being. It allows individuals opportunities for self-determination and utilization of strengths while engaging in meaningful leisure, which is the foundation of Therapeutic Recreation services. Therapeutic Recreation services are offered across the organization.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Works with the Therapeutic Recreation and interprofessional teams to develop therapeutic programs
- Interviews, orients, supervises and sets expectations with volunteers
- Completes documentation as required
- Attends team meetings
- Contributes to interprofessional team and therapeutic recreation professional development
- Coordinates services with other staff/departments
- Develops and maintains inventory of program supplies
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Completion of a two (2) year College Diploma in Recreation or Activation or equivalent
- Member in good standing with Therapeutic Recreation Ontario (‘TRO’) or Activity Professionals of Ontario (‘APO’)
- Experience in planning, implementing and evaluating creative recreation preferred
- Experience in supervision of volunteers preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills
- Experience with a geriatric population with multiple medical conditions and/or cognitive impairment
- Experience in working with clients that live in the community.
- Knowledge of community resources an asset
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, Holy Days and festivals are an asset
- Second language an asset, i.e. Yiddish, Hebrew, Russian or Hungarian
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel required
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: December 7, 2018
Posting # 18-0658
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type