(Re-Post) Occupational Therapist
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
(Re-Post) The Occupational Therapy Department has an opportunity for an
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST, PART TIME
37.5 Bi-weekly Hours / Days 8:30 – 4:30 (shifts may be subject to change)
OPSEU 583 Hourly Pay Rate: $33.01 - $45.76
The Community Mental Health Team provides care for outpatients with a diagnosis of dementia or other neurodegenerative disorders with associated responsive behaviours. The occupational therapist is a strong member of an interprofessional team that embraces innovation and individualized approaches to interventions in dementia care.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducts client assessments, treatment planning and intervention for older adults in the community, playing a key role in clinical decision-making and client advocacy for clients with dementia or other progressive neurodegenerative disorders, helping clients with transitions from hospital to long term care and/or home
- Understands behavioral assessments and development of individualized treatment plans
- Provides comfort with innovative approaches to dementia care
- Supportsa systematic, evidence-based approach to client care, program development and evaluation, and professional practice, in close collaboration with inter- professional team members, volunteers and the Occupational Therapy clinical team
- Participates actively in the teaching programs for occupational therapy and occupational therapy assistant students
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Licensure in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Experience with a geriatric population with multiple medical conditions and/or cognitive
- Experience with dementia is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, MDS, Microsoft Word and Excel, NRS/FIM preferred
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type