Quality and Implementation Specialist
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Apotex, Jewish Home for the Aged at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
Quality & Implementation Specialist – Long Term Care
Non-Union, 70 Hours Bi-Weekly
Reporting to the Director, Quality, Systems and Wellness, the Specialist will lead improvement projects within the Apotex, Jewish Home for the Aged that are assigned through effective planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation. The Quality and Implementation Specialist applies and supports the application of quality improvement and change management strategies to promote exceptional care and experience within Baycrest’s Long Term Care home.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate, implement and evaluate quality and safety improvement activities in the Apotex
- Monitor new and existing initiatives, provide analyses and improvement ideas and integrate these into daily practices within the home
- Apply quality improvement, change management, and project management tools across the home
- Create and roll out quality monitoring/auditing systems, aligned with the requirements outlined in the Long Term Care Homes Act
- Develop strategies to facilitate a culture of continuous quality improvement across the Apotex through training and education and the implementation of quality/process improvement tools such as visual management
- Track and monitor the home’s complaints process
- Support the accreditation process
- Lead efforts that understand the resident and family experience; manage associated projects to improve client and family experience.
- Engage residents and families in quality improvement processes across the home.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred (i.e. Health Care, Business, Epidemiology, Engineering).
- Current registration in a regulated health profession, considered an asset
- Minimum three (3) years related experience leading improvement projects
- Previous experience working in long term care preferred
- Completion of related courses with an emphasis on aging is an asset.
- Educational preparation in quality improvement/process improvement such as a certificate in quality improvement or Lean
- Demonstrated skills in developing evaluation frameworks/measurement plans and data analysis
- Highly organized approach
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work autonomously and work collaboratively within an interprofessional team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills dealing with physicians, nursing and personal support workers, administration and other members of the health care delivery team working as a part of an interdisciplinary team
- Proficiency in use of office support software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) and quality tools software packages (i.e. Visio, Microsoft Project)
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: September 10, 2019
Posting # 19-0634
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type