Project Manager, eLearning & Educational Technologies
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Baycrest has an opportunity for a
PROJECT MANAGER, eLEARNING & EDUCATIONAL
TECHNOLOGIES, FULL TIME
Baycrest is seeking an experienced Manager for eLearning & Educational Technologies. Reporting to the Director of Academic Education, the Manager will lead a team of developers and instructional designers in the development, implementation and integration of eLearning and educational technologies at Baycrest, including administration of the Baycrest Learning Management System (LMS).
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Leads the development and adoption of educational technology to improve learning outcomes, facilitate technology-rich teaching, and advance curricular innovation within the organization
- Develops the overall eLearning strategic plan, time line, budget and milestones in alignment with organizational strategic goals.
- Develops standards for eLearning instructional design, including the development of criteria for determining the appropriateness of educational content for online delivery with related policies and procedures
- Collaborates with content experts to design, evaluate, and develop leading-edge, creative, and highly engaging eLearning solutions through the application of adult learning principles and eLearning technology tools
- Manages and supports LMS administration and work with vendor partners on the design and development of current and future LMS features
- Advocates for the continuous improvement of user experience including identifying, developing, and distributing learning reports from the LMS
- Collaborates with departments and teams to identify, create, and deploy revenue-generating eLearning programs and curriculum
- Maintains awareness of best practices, emerging technologies, and new potentials in educational technology that may be adopted as new and emerging instructional media, technologies, pedagogies, and practices
- Designs and deploys methodologies to evaluate, analyze, and report on training effectiveness
- Engages the academic community in the exploration, discussion, and assessment of educational technology
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Master’s degree in Educational Technologies, Distance Learning or a related online instructional design & development field, preferred
- 5 or more years related experience with a combination of eLearning instructional design / eLearning development, and educational technology
- Formal training or certification in the principles of adult education and instructional design methodologies and tools an asset
- Recent experience working with subject matter experts (clinical experts, education specialists, and organizational effectiveness experts) to convert existing F2F curriculum content to an eLearning or blended learning format using an Agile development approach
- Proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders in various levels of the organization and external to the Hospital with a strong customer focus and ability to work in a team setting or independently
- Strong critical thinking and analytical abilities to identify and frame issues, synthesize information and draw an insightful conclusion(s)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, strong attention to detail in addition to strong project management skills with the proven ability to successfully manage timeliness, and critical paths with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding best practices for the use and management of a LMS
- Demonstrated expert-level knowledge in the current versions of educational technologies such as Adobe Captivate and Creative Suite, Articulate 360 Suite, VR and AR platforms such as CenarioVR and Metaverse AR, Moodle, xAPI, Zoom
- Demonstrated excellent supervisory, administrative, communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Flexibility to deliver training programs or manage initiatives outside of regular business hours as required; and work occasional evenings or weekends
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: September 5, 2019
Posting # 19-0589
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type