- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Redevelopment Department at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
PROJECT MANAGER - FULL TIME
Non-Union, 70 hours Bi-weekly
We have a full time opportunity for a Project Manager, Redevelopment who will be responsible for the day-to-day management of capital projects including Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (MOHLTC) approved projects, maintenance & infrastructure projects, space allocations and special redevelopment projects.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Coordinates and leads internal customers and external partners (including vendors) as required to clearly define and document key project parameters including objectives, outcomes, scope, resources and budget
- Manages the development of block schematics, sketch plans and working drawings in compliance with the Functional Program through the architect and with user group input
- Develops project schedules and phasing in conjunction with consultants’ and other stakeholders’ input
- Manages all aspects of capital projects including scheduling, monitoring and approving cash flow and progress draws, and approves the issuance of project variations/change orders for approval according to Baycrest policies.
- Coordinates work of Contractor with existing facilities operations
- Ensures that the signage and way-finding
- Actively participate in the procurement process for redevelopment projects
- Prepares analyses and reports on capital budgets, capital forecast updates and project status reports to meet needs of Baycrest and the MOHLTC and other stakeholders
- Ensures ensure that the project(s) abide by the directions outlined in the Ontario Building and Fire Code, MOHLTC Capital Planning Manual and relevant guidelines relevant to the specific area of the project
- Develops, in conjunction with Infection Control and Occupation Health, Wellness & Safety Department, a formal protocol to ensure an appropriate infection control program is understood and adhered to by contractors
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- University Degree or College Diploma in preferably in Architecture or Engineering discipline from a recognized/ accredited university or college. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum five (5) years planning and redevelopment and/or project management experience with three (3) years project management experience in a healthcare setting
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to work with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Outlook and computer assisted drafting (CAD)
- Demonstrated knowledge of capital budget, facility designs and construction processes and familiarity with health care delivery systems
- Superior communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Strong ability to prioritize effectively and able to follow- through on deliverables and deadlines
- Knowledge of all applicable legislation, current standards and best practices within the field
- Experience with various forms of construction, complex contracts and contract management practices and procedures
- Flexibility with respect to working hours
- Recognized Project Management certification preferred
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: July 17, 2019
Posting # 19-0430
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type