- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Development department at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
PROJECT COORDINATOR, FULL TIME
70.00 Hours bi-weekly – Non-Union
Baycrest provides care and service to approximately 2,000 people a day through a unique continuum of care system, ranging from wellness programs, residential housing and outpatient clinics, to a 472-bed nursing home, and a 300-bed complex continuing care facility with an acute care unit. Baycrest is a world-class leader in innovation in aging, with the acclaimed Rotman Research Institute, considered one of the premier brain institutes in the world, and the Kunin-Lunenfeld Applied and Evaluative Research Unit (‘KLAERU’), which supports clinical research and application of research findings directly to patient care. Most recently, Baycrest was called to lead the The Centre for Aging and Brain Health Innovation (CC-ABHI): C-ABHI is a solution accelerator for the aging and brain health sector.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Coordinates and leads internal customers and external partners (including vendors) as required to clearly define, document and deliver on key project parameters including objectives, outcomes, scope, resources and budget
- Organizes user groups and conducts meetings as required to ensure timely and effective progress toward design documentation
- Develops a project schedule and phasing in conjunction with consultants’ and other stakeholders
- Works with the Redevelopment Office’s internal and external consultants to coordinate all aspects of project including but not limited to equipment planning, procurement and installation with respect to renovations and projects
- Manages project budgets, identify gaps/ issues and generate solutions
- Contributes to developing implementing and evaluating departmental policies, procedures and quality improvement initiative
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- University Degree or College Diploma in preferably in Architecture or Engineering discipline from a recognized/ accredited university or college. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- CAD, PMP, PEng or OAA certified
- Three – five years project management experience in a healthcare setting
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated ability in Capital Projects Management
- Experience with facility planning, procurement, commissioning and orientation and ability manage projects in healthcare setting
- Knowledge of advanced Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Project and other related computer software systems
- Ability to read and understand architectural and engineering drawings
- Ability to develop detailed project specifications with multi-user groups and minor renovation projects
- Knowledge of capital budget, facility designs and construction processes and familiarity with health care delivery systems
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: September 17, 2018
Posting # 18-0399
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type