Program Evaluation Specialist
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Rotman Research Institute at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
Program Evaluation Specialist
Kunin-Lunenfeld Centre for Applied Research & Evaluation (KL-CARE)
70.00 Hours bi-weekly – Non-Union – 1 Year Contract
The Kunin-Lunenfeld Centre for Applied Research and Evaluation (KL-CARE) is a support-and-services hub that supports point-of-care staff, researchers, and industry in conducting applied, evaluative, and clinical research. Housed within the Rotman Research Institute at Baycrest, KL-CARE offers a diverse set of services, including project management and administration, research design and implementation, analysis and statistical consulting (both quantitative and qualitative), education and training, and knowledge dissemination. KL-CARE supports activities across discipline and within the broader aging and brain health space.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate or execute the planning, organization, and management of short- and long-term program and research evaluations, including design, project implementation, timelines, and milestones
- Coordinate, conduct, and support evaluation and research activities across the entire continuum including: conducting literature reviews, building logic models, creating research ethics board application submissions, developing databases to manage project data, recruiting and consenting participants, collecting data, conducting analyses, interpreting data, reporting
- Support the identification, tracking, and reporting of outcome and impact metrics
- Preparation of grant or other funding proposals
- Coordination/management of inter-disciplinary teams (e.g., team meetings, tracking study progress, creating team summaries)
- Provide support for outreach with stakeholders in identifying opportunities, fostering relationships, and building awareness of KL-CARE both internally and externally (e.g., through presentations, engagements)
- Provide educational support in evaluation methodology to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in the supervision of KL-CARE support staff (e.g., research assistants, volunteers, students)
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- or Ph.D. or a combination of education and experience in program evaluation, epidemiology, or health services research
- A minimum of 3 years experience in conducting and supporting program evaluations and/or health services research in a health-related field/setting
- Project management training and certification (PMP) an asset
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative evaluation/research methods
- Experience with health economics an asset
- Experience in providing evaluation/research support in a client-focused service model
- Experience with older adults and healthcare providers across various health disciplines an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; experience developing and maintaining inter-professional team relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work and problem-solve independently
- Detail-oriented, dependable, and flexible individual with initiative, capacity, and organizational skills to handle a complexity of tasks simultaneously
- Advanced computer skills
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: August 21, 2019
Posting # 19-0494
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type