Program Director, Hospital Services
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Baycrest has an opportunity for a
PROGRAM DIRECTOR, HOSPITAL SERVICES
Headquartered in Toronto on a 22-acre campus, Baycrest Health Sciences is unique in the world, combining a comprehensive and unparalleled system of care for aging patients, one of the world’s top research institutes in cognitive neuroscience, dedicated centres focused on mitigating the impact of age related illness and impairment, and unmatched global knowledge exchange and commercialization capacity.
Baycrest Health Sciences is fully affiliated with the University of Toronto and is a leader in cognitive neuroscience and memory research, with the goal of transforming the journey of aging. The global reputation of the Rotman Research Institute reflects its ability to raise and answer fundamental questions about memory, aging and the neuroscience of cognition. Baycrest hospital is a 262 post-acute care hospital that provides Complex Continuing Care, Rehabilitation, Palliative Care, Mental Health and Behavioural Neurology Services.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Hospital Services & Pharmacy and Chief Nursing Executive, the position is responsible for the operational and strategic leadership with a focus on excellence, quality and innovation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing the annual operating plan aligned with organizational priorities, and setting, assigning and monitoring the operational targets, goals and objectives for the program.
- Developing and implementing quality and process improvement plans, and reviewing, analyzing and evaluating quality, risk, safety and other performance outcome indicators.
- Embedding a client and family centred approach in program practices and infrastructure.
- Coaching, mentoring, supporting, and facilitating the creation and maintenance of an environment that fosters creativity, professional judgment, promoting staff initiative, interprofessional collaboration and nurturing high morale.
- Utilizing effective strategies in performance management that focuses on accountability within a framework of just culture.
- Fostering inter-professional collaboration
- Accountability and managing factors that influence or impact Baycrest’s financial performance, including budgets, service and program development, costs and expenses and operational risks and advocating for system solutions that impact overall performance.
- Championing innovation and seeking opportunities outside traditional bodies of knowledge to assist in resolving complex health care system issues.
- Evaluating, recommending and guiding the implementation of models of care/new services that reflects changing patient populations and care needs.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key system partners, demonstrating an approach of collaboration and responsiveness.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Member of a Regulated Health Profession in Ontario
- Master’s degree in relevant field of study
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ relevant management or leadership experience in the hospital setting preferred
- Excellent communication, team building, organization and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated expertise in quality and process improvement
- Knowledge of Collective Agreements and experience in a unionized setting preferred
- Demonstrated ability and confidence to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven leadership capabilities with strong evidence of the capacity to build high performing inter-professional teams and support teams through coaching and mentorship.
- Proven success in managing transformational change in complex environments.
- Sound knowledge of health sector and Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care legislation.
- Demonstrated competency in financial analysis, budget development and workload measurement analysis.
- Sound knowledge of Accreditation Canada standards and practices.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: August 15, 2019
Posting # 19-0496
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type