- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Rotman Research Institute at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
Full Time Two Years
70 Hours Bi-Weekly – Non-Union
The Rotman Research Institute (RRI) is a premier international centre for the study of human brain function. The primary research focus is on memory and the executive functions of the brain, both in normal aging and in the presence of diseases and conditions that affect the brain, such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia. This fellowship is supervised by Dr. Donna Rose Addis and will involve collaboration with other scientists and trainees at the Rotman Research Institute and/or international collaborators. The postdoctoral fellow will work on questions related to the cognitive neuroscience of autobiographical memory and future imagination in healthy young and older adults as well as individuals with depression and/or dementia. The fellow will have the opportunity to conduct behavioural and functional neuroimaging (fMRI, MEG, TMS) studies to determine how factors such as age, depression, culture and whole brain network dynamics influence memory and imagination.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Experimental design, data collection and analysis, manuscript preparation;
- Conducting functional neuroimaging and/or brain stimulation studies using fMRI, MEG and/or TMS;
- Behavioural research using interviewing and/or neuropsychological/cognitive testing methods;
- Data analysis using advanced statistical tools (e.g., multivariate and network-based approaches);
- Dissemination of findings at scientific conferences and community outreach events.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- D., M.D. or equivalent degree with an emphasis on psychology/cognitive neuroscience;
- Previous research experience with behavioural/cognitive testing of participants/patients and using neuroimaging (MRI/MEG) and/or brain stimulation (TMS) techniques;
- Strong computer/programming and statistical skills (including familiarity with Linux, MATLAB and major neuroimaging software packages; experience with advanced statistical tools);
- A promising publication record
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: January 4, 2019
Posting # 18-0685
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type