- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Physical Plant and Maintenance Department at Baycrest has an opportunity for an
PLUMBER, FULL TIME
75 hours bi-weekly - Days (Shifts may be subject to change)
SEIU Service Rate of Pay $27.9708 - $28.4678
The Physical Plant and Maintenance Department is responsible for ensuring a safe physical environment of care. Specifically they operate, maintain, and repair the facilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform maintenance, monitor repairs to the Mechanical, Plumbing systems of the facility to keep facility and building systems up to applicable standards
- Maintaining current working knowledge of the various trades’ methods, techniques, tools and equipment
- Maintains responsibility for facility services, preventative maintenance, purchasing and inventory control
- Maintenance of the equipment will include cleaning, inspecting, calibrating and changing parts to maintain the HVAC systems and associated equipment at optimum performance levels
- To be familiar with Policy and Procedure manuals, Safety and Health practices and WHIMIS manual and any codes pertaining to his / her work.
- Perform additional job duties and special projects as requested
- Will be on call for any after hour’s emergencies
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Must have a valid certificate, qualified for plumbing in Ontario
- Minimum current journeyman’s plumbing license
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in a large, complex facility environment
- Steamfitter/pipefitter would be an asset
- Knowledge of steam heating, steam traps, receivers as well as general knowledge of heating and chilling systems would be considered an asset
- Healthcare experience considered an asset
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Date Posted: January 7, 2019
Closing Date: January 16, 2019
Posting # 18-0688
Position # PLU002
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type