- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Interprofessional Primary Care Team (IPCT) has an opportunity for an
PHYSIOTHERAPIST, TEMPORARY, PART TIME
(APPROX. 12 MONTHS)
15 Bi-Weekly hours / Days, Occasional Sundays (shifts are subject to change)
OPSEU 583 Hourly Pay Rate: $33.59 - $46.56
Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of Baycrest’s newly established Interprofessional Primary Care team. This position will offer physiotherapy to clients living independently in the community who can benefit from an interprofessional team to address physical and environmental issues that are having an impact on function. This will include the facilitation of therapeutic group programming as well as working individually with clients to attain maximum physical and functional goals to improve quality of life. The physiotherapist’s assessment and goal setting will inform the comprehensive assessment and treatment plan of clients.
Using an agile development approach, the successful candidate will be an effective and integral team member that will contribute to the team’s development, programming, and knowledge; You will work creatively in a variety of community environments, including using online platforms to provide virtual access to care. You will partner with family physicians in providing care to your mutual patients and liaise with other relevant community and hospital-based stakeholders. Join us to help shape a new and innovative service in our health care system.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partnering with primary care physician to support care for clients with complex medical conditions, with the ultimate goal to strengthen the client’s connection to primary care.
- Conducting client assessments, treatment planning and intervention for clients to identify issues which affect clients’ independence and safety.
- Playing a key role in clinical decision-making and client advocacy for clients of a variety of age groups and conditions with focus on: chronic, neurodegenerative and Mental Health conditions.
- Promoting and supporting clients with self-management and independent living in the community.
- Initiation of and participation in case-conferences with referral source and relevant stakeholders.
- Providing a systematic, evidence-based approach to client care, through: program development, evaluation, and professional practice.
- Planning and leading educational and therapeutic programing to clients in a variety of community settings and/or virtually.
- Collaborate with team members to implement intervention to support clients.
- Attending team meetings to discuss clients and actively support team development.
- Taking part in community engagement activities and liaising with community stakeholders.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- A caring, creative, empathetic professional.
- Excellent team work and interprofessional skills
- Ability to work independently and creatively to meet client needs.
- Licensure in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Membership/eligibility for membership with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- ADP authorized preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of experience providing care to a population with multiple medical conditions and/or cognitive impairment is an asset.
- Clinical experience in at least two of the following settings: hospital inpatient/outpatient, homecare, community, primary care and virtual care.
- Advanced competence with computers and mobile communications is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management and decision-making skills.
- Experience facilitating patient group education.
- Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evening and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Residency in Englemount-Lawrence and/or Forest Hill North is an asset.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Posting Date: October 3, 2019
Closing Date: October 11, 2019
Posting # 19-0587
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type