- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Baycrest Hospital Physiotherapy Services (Centralized) has an opportunity for a
OPSEU 583 Hourly Pay Rate: $33.01 - $39.26
This role will provide physiotherapy coverage to all patient areas as assigned (Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Hi-Tolerance & Slow Stream, Complex Continuing Care and Day Treatment Centre/ICCT). The physiotherapist will work as part of an inter-professional team to help patients attain maximum physical and functional goals to help them return to living in the community as independently as possible. Reporting directly to the Manager & Professional Practice Chief- Physiotherapy, the physiotherapist will also communicate and collaborate with Clinical Unit Managers to facilitate optimum patient care delivery.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducts clinical assessments, care planning, treatment interventions and discharge planning for a mix of complex geriatric, neurological, and musculoskeletal populations
- Participates actively in the teaching and mentoring of physiotherapy and physiotherapy assistant students
- Supports a systematic, evidence-based approach to client centred care, program development and evaluation, and professional practice, in close collaboration with inter-professional team members, volunteers and the physiotherapy clinical team
- Assigns the patient plan of care, and provides direction, supervision & monitoring of physiotherapy assistants
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Licensure in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Membership or eligibility for membership with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association an asset
- Experience with a geriatric population with multiple medical conditions and/or cognitive impairment preferred
- Experience in providing clinical instruction and teaching to physical therapy students is an asset
- Previous experience and/or interest in developing evidence-based programs an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, MDS, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
It is preferred for applicants to apply online. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position. Alternatively, you may also apply in person by submitting your application and resume to Human Resources.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences
are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type