- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Pharmacy Department has an opportunity for a
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN, PART TIME
52.5 Bi-weekly Hours / Days-Evenings, including some weekends (schedule is subject to change)
OPSEU 583 Hourly Pay Rate: $26.37 - $30.40
Baycrest Pharmacy Services support all inpatient units and programs. Some of the major functions of the department are purchasing and inventory management of medications, unit dose drug distribution, IV drug admixtures and medication reconciliation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Dispenses medications within the unit dose drug distribution system and verifies using bar code technology
- Delivers medication carts to designated hospital units
- Repackages medications (e.g. oral liquid unit dose syringes, tablets)
- Maintains floor stock on designated units according to established quotas and schedules
- Dispenses narcotic and controlled drugs according to established procedures
- Refills the automated dispensing unit (OmniCell) night cabinet
- Identifies and processes expired pharmaceuticals
- Compounds extemporaneous pharmaceuticals
- Purchases and maintains an inventory control of pharmaceuticals
- Prepares intravenous admixtures
- Maintains record of workload measurement and statistics
- Participates in the teaching of pharmacy students
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Completion of a Community College Pharmacy Technician Program or equivalent experience
- Licensure as a Registered Pharmacy Technician (‘RPhT’) with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (‘OCP’)
- One year of related experience in a hospital setting preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Automation experience an asset e.g. automated dispensing units
- Computer skills that include the ability to work with Microsoft Office Software including excel, word & outlook
- Experience with Meditech preferred
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Date Posted: October 22, 2019
Closing Date: October 28, 2019
Posting # 19-0865
Position # APH007
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type