Personal Support Worker/Health Care Aide
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Apotex 3 has an opportunity for a
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER/HEALTH CARE AIDE, PART TIME
30 Bi-weekly Hours –Evenings, including alternate weekends (shifts may be subject to change)
SEIU Service Hourly Pay Rate: $22.1839 - $22.7632
Apotex 3 is a Mental Health Unit. The residents on this unit need a specialized environment and a specialized care team to help manage the mental health issues. This work area is an ideal setting for those wanting to understand ageing and the cognitive or mental health changes or major issues present in this population.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supports, in consultation with the Registered Nurse/ Registered Practical Nurse, the physical and personal care needs of the client including, but not limited to: hygiene, grooming and dressing, toileting, recording nutrition and hydration intake, provision of preventative skin care
- Supports their independence, dignity, social, emotional and cultural well- being
- Initiates and maintains a relationship with the client, their family and other care providers
- Provides care and behavioural support to seniors with various types of responsive behaviors and their families
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Current P.S.W. certificate from a recognized community college or educational institute or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in Long-Term Care with clients in day programs or residents in a Long-Term Care setting preferred
- Certificate in Dementia Care preferred
- Training in Gentle Persuasive Approach and U-First preferred
- Psychogeriatric experience, i.e. mental health assessment and intervention and working with responsive behaviors including various types of dementia, delirium, mental health issues preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Posting # 19-0838
Position # PSW352
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type