Personal Support Worker/Health Care Aide
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Long Term Care Behavioral Support Outreach Team (LTC BSOT) has an opportunity for a
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER/ HEALTH CARE AIDE, PART TIME
30 Hours Bi-Weekly – Evenings, including alternate weekends (shifts may be subject to change)
SEIU Service Hourly Pay Rate: $21.8776 to $22.4489
As part of the Ontario Behavior Supports System Project, Baycrest leads a Long Term Care Behavioral Support Outreach Team (LTC BSOT) supporting Long-Term Care (‘LTC’) residents presenting with responsive behaviors with a goal of assisting staff in stabilizing the behaviors. The PSW will travel to various Long Term Care Homes in the Toronto Central LHIN and work collaboratively with the inter-professional team to provide care to clients requiring behavioral support and their families.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supports, in consultation with the Registered Nurse/ Registered Practical Nurse, the physical and personal care needs of the client including, but not limited to: hygiene, grooming and dressing, toileting, recording nutrition and hydration intake, provision of preventative skin care
- Supports their independence, dignity, social, emotional and cultural well- being
- Initiates and maintains a relationship with the client, their family and other care providers
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Current P.S.W. certificate from a recognized community college or educational institute or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in Long-Term Care with clients in day programs or residents in a Long-Term Care and Community Setting preferred
- Certificate in Dementia Care preferred
- Training in Gentle Persuasive Approach and U-First preferred
- Psychogeriatric experience, i.e. mental health assessment and intervention and working with responsive behaviours including various types of dementia, delirium, mental health issues preferred
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others
- Ability to travel to different locations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Date Posted: November 28, 2018
Closing Date: December 6, 2018
Posting # 18-0648
Position # PSW334
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type